Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Floating Baby Axie (Video Included)

pawprint08

Reaction score
I just came home to find that this albino baby is floating. It was in a tank with its 13 brothers and sisters, an airstone, and some plants. I took it out and put it in this dish and put it in the coldest part of my room. I gave it some microworms to munch on and put some of that stuff that gets rid of ammonia in the water (and gave it 90% new water). What is going on!? There is no gravel in the tank (plastic shoebox) it was in before, so it didn't swallow gravel, but it does look like something white is inside it's stomach? Right now it is resting on the bottom of the floor eating, but as you can see in this video (if i can properly upload the video), it is doing some weird stuff. I thought it was dead when I came in because it was sideways on the top of the water.

As a side note, yesterday this axie (I'm pretty sure it was this one, but I have 3 other albinos) went missing! I seriously searched everywhere for it and counted my babies a million times. This morning I woke up and it was back! So... maybe it is tired from apparating?

Here is the video, I hope it works!
P3097219.mp4 video by annjam - Photobucket

callina

Reaction score
from what I can see in the video is a new born larvae and it´s behaving quite normal, it is searching for food. Nothing to worry about. :D

Reaction score
Little ones tend to float more often then the adults. As long as its not struggling to get down and stay down, I wouldn't worry too much. The white in its belly is probably the mircoworm meal it just enjoyed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!