Mobile Phone users - please respond

Would you regularly use a free Caudata.org iPhone or Android App to access and post on the site?

• Yes, every day

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • I would probably try it out but I'll probably keep using my computer instead

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • No, I would not use it.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • What's an app?

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
If you use your mobile phone to access web sites, we have an important question for you. Would you regularly use an iPhone or Android app that would let you access caudata.org directly? It would be the "Caudata.org app", not some third party application or browser.

I've never accessed Caudata (or any internet site for that matter) on a phone, but if I did, I would say it would be very helpful, I personally think it is a great idea - but no, I don't have a phone I could use it on.

I would, I'm rarely without my iPhone!

Having said that, I rarely navigate to the sit on my laptop these days, most of my browsing is done on the iPad - so I like the idea of having an iPad native app!

Receiving notification alerts would be cool.

I think if I was at home, I would still choose to browse on my iPad, whether on an app or through a browser, but for being out and about, an app would be excellent.

My phone's old-school. It's not a smart phone. More like a community college phone. If it was an app for those of us stuck in the stone age, I'd definitely use it.

As a secret Caudata addict it sounds like an awesome idea.
At the moment I am with Kaysie in that my mobile is rather basic, but when my current contract ends I am aiming to get an android phone.

I daily use tapatalk, a dedicated app would be great, even though I don't really need it.

Ps. Tapatalk is also on android, nokia and probably rim, so Caudata.org is optimized for old school mobile too

Pps. There is the possibility that this app would Access to optimised Caudata culture's articles ?

Pps. There is the possibility that this app would Access to optimised Caudata culture's articles ?
Not unless we convert Caudata Culture's articles into vBulletin 4 articles.

My phone's old-school. It's not a smart phone. More like a community college phone. If it was an app for those of us stuck in the stone age, I'd definitely use it.

just like mine :happy:

got it back in 2004 and its still going on strong!

Kaysie,
I recently got a droid phone after using a stone age phone for the last five years. I'll have to say that it is pretty cool. I still have a lot to learn on it but you can point it at the sky and it shows you which constellations that you are looking at. That rocks!
Chip

RIM has the biggest market share of UK smartphones, so its a common problem, if you are going to support apple and android, you normally have to support RIM too.
Personally I don't think this website needs an app, I think a better support for mobile browsers would be a better way to go. All of the major smartphone operating systems have browsers that are able to view this website (although there are a few issues).
Also you have to consider how you are going to deal with maintenance for these apps, who is going to support them? If it is a service offered to you by vBulletin, then go ahead why not get your monies worth, however if it is a project you would be undertaking yourself, I wouldn't go there if I were you!

I regularly use my iPhone to surf the forum and to be honest it works pretty well just in the standard Safari browser. I try to restrict myself to viewing only because typing on a tiny screen is a pain.

I would certainly try a free app, but for me it would depend on functionality and ease of use. It would be competing against the real thing in a browser so it would need to be something special.

I use tapatalk too but haven't discovered how to or even if you can post a reply and it is pretty basic on the iphone compared to other sites. Plus it only lets you view the forums, no other info :cool:

If you use your mobile phone to access web sites, we have an important question for you. Would you regularly use an iPhone or Android app that would let you access caudata.org directly? It would be the "Caudata.org app", not some third party application or browser.

I browse daily from my Android. I would definitely use said app.

I do not live in a 3G area and mobile surfing on any device is a tedious experience unless I wi-fi link in which case I might as well use a laptop.

I have accessed the site via RIM/Blackberry and it was hard going and only for the serious addict.

It is possible to access the site but not enlarged pictures via Kindle's experimental browser. I have replied to another thread from a Kindle but in monochrome and this device is never going to be a major market needing support. I could post a photo of the Kindle screen of the site if you want. Would feedback of the show us a picture of our website on your device be a good thread to start?

I have an iphone and would definately use an iphone caudata.org app. I use my phone to go on here currently and an app would make the experience much better and easier to navigate.

~AJ

I don't have a iphone or any of that but i might try it if i did but would still mostly use my computer.

I always access this site through the web browser (safari) on my iphone 4, a dedicated app would be excellent but I can't see how it would make things any easier than using a web browser.

I've accessed this site from my blackberry on a fair few occasions, its not too difficult from using my laptop tbh, but if there was a blackberry specific app for this site i'd be constantly online (just like i am with facebook/ebay/msn lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back