Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Surrounded by cute things

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
Ah I feel so lucky right now. I have my gorgeous poodle cross puppy sleeping peacefully next to me and out of the corner of my eye I can see my darling axi flicking his pretty feathery gills around. They are both so cute!!! They brighten my life.

mewsie

Reaction score
Hahaha, I know the feeling, yesterday, and it being, erm, 'sensitive' time of the month, and after a very tiring training day in London, got home at midnightish, went to see the axolotls and actually started crying because Roscoe was too cute for me to cope with :eek:

I worry about myself.

Don't tell anyone... Oh... Wait...

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
Hahaha awesome! I love how they have the ability to make us smile even when its been a bad day.

Lol I won't tell anybody... hush hush and all that

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
How cute.. please post a picture! What is your puppy crossed with?
I have a Cavoodle (Cavalier x Toy Poodle), sweetest thing ever.
Aww cute! Mines crossed with Bishon... so he basically looks like a poodle. He's about 3 now... actually today was the 2nd year anniversary of when I got him from the rspca. He's such a great little dog.

Here is Ollie
boo-penguin-albums-my-other-loves-picture15096-my-baby-ollie-i-am-dog-person-axi-person.jpg

Cas

Reaction score
Haha Mojo, It's like they have permanent botox in the smiling position and never able to show any other emotion.

I personally love it when I shove my cat against the glass in order to get her to chase fish with her paws, my axie will come over and say hi and parade infront of me. But I have to admit the years I've been trying to get my cat to chase them all she ever does is look at me with a look of distain and refuse to co-operate!

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
HOW CUTE! Daw.. I love him! Look at that face. Although it looks more like a 'go away, I'm resting' sort of look. I get that one a bit. :p
He looks that way cause I just woke him up. I was trying to get a pic of him snoozing but his hearing is too good!

The Banana

Reaction score
This is my Cavoodle. She will be three in April, we have had her since she was 8wks, and the breeder was even so kind as to give us photos each week since birth!

I have millions of photos, but don't want to fill up the thread eh? :lol:
miley+wet+pup.jpg

P1000414.jpg

P-1.jpg

We gave her a poodle cut once -

soccermileyclip067.jpg

We have a Jack Russell too -

MileySparky.jpg

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
this is my cavoodle. She will be three in april, we have had her since she was 8wks, and the breeder was even so kind as to give us photos each week since birth!

I have millions of photos, but don't want to fill up the thread eh? :lol:
miley+wet+pup.jpg
cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Banana

Reaction score
Hehe thanks, and she knows it!
Has her own wardrobe, even pjs. And HEAPS (like 50) of toys - yet she still knows everyone by name. Say, you put them all over the floor and say to her "where's Lion?" She will search through them and find the lion. ♥

Morrison

Reaction score
Aww I have some sorta feeling sometimes. When I just sit in my room and watch the tanks with the axies doing their axish things (flicking gills, yawning, walking, swimming, nipping at each other (sometimes), standing on top of each other, smiling permanently) they make me melt :) And then also those little tubs with baby axies (who are growing back legs now), my hyperactive cornsnake (yep, that's also pretty cute...(?), and my kitty sleeping on my bed (or chair... when I need it).... Then I think... "d'awwww I have cute creatures".

siona

Reaction score
Loving this thread -I'm glad I'm not the only one mad for cute animals! I impulsively bought 2 powder blue rats last weekend - I just love watching them scurry about! Cutest thing ever = watching a rat eating a peice of sweetcorn held in both hands ^^,

zoezakella

Reaction score
Loving this thread -I'm glad I'm not the only one mad for cute animals! I impulsively bought 2 powder blue rats last weekend - I just love watching them scurry about! Cutest thing ever = watching a rat eating a peice of sweetcorn held in both hands ^^,

I also have a JRT to add to my amphibian collection and Siona also use to rescue rats myself, had 10 in total over a few years loved them but never got anymore as found they were so prone to tumours. Not heard of Powder Blue ones, guess what I am about to google!

daremo

Reaction score
what about cats!

:)

btw he doesn't share home with my axies... so everything is alright ;)

Attachments

• nabu.jpg
    nabu.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 134

Boo Penguin

Reaction score
Hahaha I love this thread. We all have such adorably cute animals!!!

lea

Reaction score
We had a family holiday in Bali late last year and the kids found a few animals that they wanted to bring home. Jordan(8) is the one lying on the tiger, Dylan(10) is with the orangutan and Maddison(6) and Jordan are with the little monkey(monkey forrest).

Attachments

• DSCF1894.jpg
    DSCF1894.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF2050.jpg
    DSCF2050.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF2189.jpg
    DSCF2189.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 104
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1