Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello!

Aiony

Reaction score
Hello, you can call me Aiony and currently I'm a college student majoring in Wildlife Biology who has recently become interested in Axolotls. In the past I have owned 5 firebellied toads and a White's Treefrog, which I had to give away before coming to college. Since my college allows anything aquatic, I've recently become interested in Axolotls.

Other than that, I love the outdoors, gardening, horses, and chickens. I also draw and create a lot of art. :happy:

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Aiony! Just a quick warning, axolotls are like Pringles......you just can't stop at one.

mewsie

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Aiony! Just a quick warning, axolotls are like Pringles......you just can't stop at one.

So. True.

My boyfriend has forbidden me to take my dad up on the offer of his spare 6ft tank... But, but, just think how many axolotls would fit in there!

Welcome to the forum Aiony! Always like to see other folks art, do you have a link?

Hope you manage to get yourself a tank for at college, I find studying and working so much easier when I can see the axies pottering around their tank - chills me right out!

Aiony

Reaction score
@Greatwhthunter: I completely understand! I seem to have this problem with betta fish, I currently have 2 betta bowls and a five gallon fishtank for my 3 betta fish. They are spoiled boys. :)

@Mewsie: For my art: I do have a link! Just go to Aiony.Deviantart.com to check it out. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1