Id please

enricolatiano

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi at all,
i have rescued this larvae in a small lake. someone know of what species are they?

Attachments

• larva.jpg
    larva.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3013.jpg
    IMG_3013.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 95
You cannot take caudates from the wild, you´ve been told a hundred times that it is illegal. Those are either Ichthyosaura or Triturus, both protected genera.
For the last time, IT IS ILLEGAL TO TAKE CAUDATES FROM THE WILD, take those back where they belong.

I agree :( But I don't think it's a good idea for him to put them back considering the possibility of disease transmission. Maybe someone could notify the authorities?

i'd only do some pics and i have free they.the tank was new.howerwer i'm froma apulia and in apulia live only triturus carnifex and lissotriton italicus

Azhael now because I have two bad reputations? Bad reputations because they put a case? I have not done anything wrong. I just took the larvae and I photographed them in a more sterile container and you put me a bad reputation? moderator are you?:mad:

Not that it matters, but that new bad reputation you got, wasn´t from me.
The bad reputation you have, you have earned for repeatedly taking animals from the wild (not just to photograph, which by the way is not what "rescued" means) in disregard of european laws. You have been banned from other forums for the same reason.

Last edited:
I've tried to stay out of this argument, but I have to say: You specifically stated you 'rescued' these larvae out of a pond. That's the definition of wild-caught. How can you say you have no w/c animals, when you stated that you took these larvae from a pond, and then provided pictures of it too?

sorry I was wrong to write, I do not speak English well. But I think that "rescued" meant "find". However as I said I just picked up the larvae to make foto.poi I have freed immediatelysorry I was wrong to write, I do not speak English well. But I think that "rescued" meant "find". However as I said I just picked up the larvae to make foto.poi I have freed immediately

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back