Help?

maelstrom

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
maelstrom
i was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a easy way to tell paramesotriton species apart for sure? i have two that i was told when i got them they were hongkongensis, and one that i just got which is unknown. i dont have a camera so i cant post pictures. the new one is quite a bit lighter in color, alot more warty, seems stockier, and the other two seem to have definate ridges down their spines and one on each side of the spine which the new one doesnt. please help.

Honestly, your best bet without providing us a picture is to look through the galleries here or google a bunch of images and compare belly and head shots to your animals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back