Hello from Louisiana

Goods

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am a biology student at LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am originally from just north of New Orleans.

I found this site while researching kaiser newts. I have little experience with caudates. I have only kept fire-belly newts when I was very young. I do have experience with amphibians in general, though. I have raised various native frogs from the tadpole stage ever since I was young. Also, I currently keep fire belly toads and will also be acquiring my first poison dart frogs any day now. My interest is not only in frogs and toads, though. I would love to learn about the "other" side of amphibians and possibly work with a few species as well.

Welcome to the forum!

We're always glad to have cross-overs. And it's always good to have a well-rounded education on herps if you plan on going into the field.

I have actually been considering going into a herp-related field. While looking through this site and other dart frog sites, I've come across T. marmoratus. I've been researching it since I found it and hope to acquire a few in a few months.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back