Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Help! emergency

njberry

Reaction score
One of my axies has attacked the other and took all of this skin of his two legs, he looks verry weak i though he had died untill i picked him up and he slowly wiggled. is there anything i can do for him. he is in the fridge atm.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Keep him in the fridge. Try not to bother him too much, as it will stress him out to have the light going on/off/on/off and you looming over him. Use clean, dechlorinated water. Offer food, but don't be surprised if he doesn't eat.

And just wait. Axolotls are masters at healing, and often surprise their owners with what they will pull through.

Do keep an eye out for fungus. It looks like cotton wool or fuzzy growth on the wounds. If you do notice fungus, you'll need to start salt baths. Don't do salt baths unless you see fungus.

njberry

Reaction score
thanks. i home he is ok. his legs are down to the bone. its just a horrible think so see happen :(. never want my animals to be in pain :(

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!