Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The Axolotl Names Thread

Morrison

Reaction score
I don't know if it's already there... But I thought an axie name thread would be nice.
So... do you have nice axie names, do you want to share them or are you just looking for a name... just post it here (or search for a cute name)

Alright...
Lately I wrote down a few:
Archie
Cagney
Concrete
Fink
Fish Face
Fleabag
Fonz
Froooom
Fritter
Groucho
Holy Sock
K'Spoosh
Matey
Mooncow
Neekap
Odd Sock
Olive
Onion
Pob
Poncho
Razzo
Rooster
Sheep Head
Sheepnut
Skullkrusha
Smelly Sock
Soapy
Spot
Sputnik
Squidgy
Stoned
Stuffer
Teabag
The Prince
Tiger Man
Wart
Yellowbelly
Zorkki

(Just some of them. I know, I was in a sock mood) :lol:

zoezakella

Reaction score
My 3 are called Mojo (Leucistic Male) Finley (Golden Albino Male) & Jabba (Wild Girl) :D

Skilly

Reaction score
Haha socks?? :D

Kahlua (wildtype) and Luna (light golden)!

other names I have thought about for my critters:

moonpie
ghost
marvin
malibou
strawberry
coco puff
chocolotl

mekkha

Reaction score
Great idea for a thread! I really like Soapy. For some reason when I picture an axolotl talking all I can think of is Timmy on south park, so here's my list...

Timmy
Jimmy
Butters (a golden albino would be cute with this name)
Anything with "Professor" in front of it
Danzig

memojo1979

Reaction score
Of my 3 axies, only the wild-type is named so far (partly because until this week, when 1 of the goldens decided to prove himself as a boy, I couldn't tell the difference between the other 2!). She is called Canaq (a blend of the Latin words Canis + Aqua, or in other words, Water Dog - I HOPE!!!)

I'm currently debating Grohl (as in Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters) for the golden boy.
And, not right for the golden girl, but another name I'm toying with, for I of my corn snakes is Jhardy (pronounced Jardy), as in Jeff Hardy the wrestler.

Only 1 of my 6 corn snakes is named as of yet + he's called Amya (regional dialect from Wolverhampton / Walsall, as that's where he's from - I can never remember which 1 it is though!) I'm debating Medusa for 1 of the girls.

My 1 year old albino GAL snail has recently been named Spirit.

My daughter called her albino Syrian hamster Simba, during a Lion King phase.

My GSD dogs are / were Tearc (RIP xXx) + Caraid.

Last edited:

aymeh21

Reaction score
I have a Kirby, cause s/he is white and pink just like Kirby.

Then Beulah, or Wild Bill if she so happens to be a boy. (wild type of course)

Minniechild

Reaction score
I've got:
Freddie (Named for Freddie Mercury and the way she would zoom around the tank when I first brought her home-Come to think of it, she was doing it during dinner last night...)
George (of the Jungle- He'd spend most of his time when I was naming hiding out in the plants after crashing into them...)
3/Phree- After thinking of freddie and George's name I couldn't find one that fit 3, so I just started calling him number 3, and it stuck...
And my most recent addition, my problem child Izzie (Was originally Gizmo, but a) there are SO many Gizmos out there, and I just began shortening it and it fit...)
Then if it stops raining on Sunday, I shall also be adding Peter (After Peter Pan...)

Other names I'd think about..
Animal, Sherlock, Kevin (have to be the right one and look a bit like Kevin Rudd....), Sammie, Poppy, Horatio, Bennedict, Bones....I'm sure I'll think of a couple dozen more after I've posted this...

mewsie

Reaction score
Hehe, some great suggestions! I like Nibbler...!

My 3 are:

Chester (After a character in Sifl and Olly)
Roscoe P. Coltrane (remind me not to let Scott name the next one)
Albi (after Albi the Racist Dragon, cause he's got a little dragon nose ^_^)

Star

Reaction score
For my axies I've currently got Scylla (pronounced sky-lar not silla :p), Jake (my little 5 legged freak) and Hoshi.
My cat is called Gizmo, turd, sh*tbag, what ever abuse comes to mind when he annoys me, he responds to most....
My fish is originally called Mr Fishy....
My hamster is called Maxi-Lionel
Last but not least my rat is called Mia :D

mekkha

Reaction score
My cat is called Gizmo, turd, sh*tbag, what ever abuse comes to mind when he annoys

Haha! My dog's name is Lola (after the song whatever Lola wants, Lola gets). But she responds to Poopie and Poopster as well.

DeCypher

Reaction score
I've always been undecided on names. I like to call them Axolotl #1, Axolotl #2, and Axolotl #3. Or dudes. Whatever comes to mind.

Jenste

Reaction score
Am in the process of setting up for my first 2" axie so have been looking for names - - great thread!

I also keep ACF and the names for those are - Phantom, Phoenix, Kirby, Lola, Louie, Magellan, Igor, Harvey, Jade, Aurora, Boris, Amelia, Andre, George, Cyclone and Grace. (Also two newly morphed ones that are too young to sex!)

Morrison

Reaction score
Haha socks?? :D

Kahlua (wildtype) and Luna (light golden)!

other names I have thought about for my critters:

moonpie
ghost
marvin
malibou
strawberry
coco puff
chocolotl

Lol, I once had something similar... I had a pretty brownish axie, named Choxolotl ^^

My other axie names:
-Lancelotl
-Xotl
-Spicinfrin Boy (means: a sweet boy but a bit of a... wild type and yes, it's a "wildtype" axie)
-*nameless*
-*nameless female*

Morrison

Reaction score
Of my 3 axies, only the wild-type is named so far (partly because until this week, when 1 of the goldens decided to prove himself as a boy, I couldn't tell the difference between the other 2!). She is called Canaq (a blend of the Latin words Canis + Aqua, or in other words, Water Dog - I HOPE!!!)

I'm currently debating Grohl (as in Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters) for the golden boy.
And, not right for the golden girl, but another name I'm toying with, for I of my corn snakes is Jhardy (pronounced Jardy), as in Jeff Hardy the wrestler.

Only 1 of my 6 corn snakes is named as of yet + he's called Amya (regional dialect from Wolverhampton / Walsall, as that's where he's from - I can never remember which 1 it is though!) I'm debating Medusa for 1 of the girls.

My 1 year old albino GAL snail has recently been named Spirit.

My daughter called her albino Syrian hamster Simba, during a Lion King phase.

My GSD dogs are / were Tearc (RIP xXx) + Caraid.

Lol, I also have a corn snake and recently sold my hamster.
Corn snake: "Snipe" (I once had some more: Viper, Crony, Chili, Reese, Snake, Snace and Snape... and Snipe, lol)
Hamster: "Shoop" (da Whoop)

lisordactyl

Reaction score
I always think that if I ever get a golden it'll be called Lumiere, and I'll serenade it all the time by singing "Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test !"

I quite like names like Hubert and Trevor!

Erzs

Reaction score
My lotls:
Arbie, Jonesy, Alan, Hoshi, Moriarty and Tumblety. I also had Neko and Jager.

Hamster:
Pika(chuuuuu!)

Cat:
King Leonidas

Fish:
Mr Smite and Panda Pops

Some great names showing up here =]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!