Jabba's Been A Busy Girl

zoezakella

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Zoe
Well after a busy day at the park with my kids I came home to a lot of spermetaphores in the axie tank so looks like the boys got fruity whilst we were out! Anyway a short while later Jabba was acting a little strange and before I knew it the tank was egg city :D Must say for a woman in childbirth I had to admire her for stopping to eat 3 massive worms (figured it would help keep her strength up) :rofl:

Well I am very excited as this is her 1st batch but also screaming at the bad timing lol!!! Did my darling Jabba not know that not only had I just booked a holiday for next month that morning but also do not have room for yet another tank agghhhhh!

So after typing a million questions to my lovely friend Julia (thanks for your help) I calmed down a litle but am pretty gutted that I am either going to have to get a friend to care for my babies for 5 days or looks like the axie babies will be coming with us lol (good job we have a spare room in the caravan we hired pretty sure there were no rules about axies)!

So here are the eggs, am hoping that somewhere in there will be a melanoid and a boy would be great as he could then join the other boys in what is a very big 4ft tank for 2 now and also a female albino leucistic would be nice to keep Jabba company as am gutted that I need to seperate her now, my poor Jabba they have been such a good 3 together :(

So I appear to have hundreds of eggs, now the 1st batch is not usually that succesful but fingers crossed as would love to hatch them but am also not sure what will happen if I end up with 100's I am kind of fond of my bath lol and think hubby may kill me if I put anymore tanks in our lounge, kids however are stupidly excited about it :D

Attachments

• EGGS.jpg
    EGGS.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 19.03.11 2 059.jpg
    19.03.11 2 059.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Eggs 007.jpg
    Eggs 007.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 331
What colours are the parents?
I thought mine were all dark, but when I took them out of the tank, I discovered that they were all dark on 1 side + light on the other, like yours, so just wondering :happy:

Mine are dark wild-type (not black) mother - in my profile pic + golden father.

Jabba (MUM) is a wild, the father is, well you will have to wait for the next episode lol!!

Could be either of the boys (Finley golden albino OR Mojo leucistic) ut neither are owning up to it so we shall have to see :D

I don't know how these things work, but if Jabba was communicating that she was eggy, is it possible that BOTH the males could have produced spermataphores? Because that would be brilliant, if a little slutty.

Must be golden father then, because as I keep telling you, I'm not male! Nor an axie for that matter, although if I was, I'd be a leucy! How weird is that?! loL! :p

I don't know how these things work, but if Jabba was communicating that she was eggy, is it possible that BOTH the males could have produced spermataphores? Because that would be brilliant, if a little slutty.

HAHA no idea Richard but loving that idea as I am only doing this the once as with juggling 3 jobs, 2 kids full time (one being ill with ear infection and tonsilitus) raising 2 juvie newts and looking after my axies and dog, oh not forgetting the hubby (thank god he can wipe his own bum lol) I kind of feel my hands are a little full shall we say :D Jabba's timing could not have been better bless her :rolleyes:

Must be golden father then, because as I keep telling you, I'm not male! Nor an axie for that matter, although if I was, I'd be a leucy! How weird is that?! loL! :p

LOL Mojo, well they do say owners can sometimes start to resemble their pets ;) Have you tried worm yet :D

Ok is it just me or are my eggs not doing anything??? These were laid on the 19th March 2011 late pm so I suppose they are less than 4 days old just hoping they are not all duds...

1st 2 piccies are from yesterday and last piccy is from today

Attachments

• eggs4 5 007.jpg
    eggs4 5 007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 206
  • eggs4 5 003.jpg
    eggs4 5 003.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 230
  • eggs4 5 010.jpg
    eggs4 5 010.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 187
Congrats on the eggs... can't wait to see them hatch

Ok is it just me or are my eggs not doing anything??? These were laid on the 19th March 2011 late pm so I suppose they are less than 4 days old just hoping they are not all duds...

1st 2 piccies are from yesterday and last piccy is from today

Mine are JUST beginning to change shape + I think mine are probably a little older than yours. Just updated the photo thread + in some of them you can see the differing shape (my camera's not good on close ups though, unfortunately). I have described them though :happy:

I do see a couple of duds in the picture (they look more grey, kind of fuzzy on on the inside, if that makes sense). But give it time! You new moms are so impatient!

I do see a couple of duds in the picture (they look more grey, kind of fuzzy on on the inside, if that makes sense). But give it time! You new moms are so impatient!

Only because the Embyro Photo Log makes it all seem to happy flabbergastingly fast! ;)

Who's photos? Here, or mine?
If here, is the egg in the middle of the bottom of photo 2 an example?
Because the 1s that look whitish all look similar to 1 side of mine.

Let me clarify: Dud eggs will be greyish throughout. The egg in the middle on photo two is a good example. It's a dull grey, and seems a bit 'blurry', or has less-defined edges.

Some fertile eggs are white and brown/black. This is the animal pole (dark side) and the vegetable pole separating, and is normal development.

LOL pregnancy was even worse :D

Mine have also changed shape this afternoon (a few anyway).

Hope I dont have too many duds. Thanks Kaysie x

well nearly day 5 and we have little moons :supercool:

Some of the eggs are doing nothing so guessing duds :confused:

Can I ask is it wise to seperate the moons from the the other eggs as I know they are ok?? Funnily enough the ones in the tank (only a few) seem the best but will take those out today (Jabbas last few eggs after I had cleared out all of them)

SORRY FOR POOR QUALITY SO MISS MY MACRO FUNCTION FOR THINGS LIKE THIS, AGAIN THANKS ELLA FOR BREAKING MY CAMERA!

Attachments

• moon1.jpg
    moon1.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 200
  • moon eggs 006.jpg
    moon eggs 006.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 327
  • moon eggs 010.jpg
    moon eggs 010.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Ok well we have definate baby axies forming (so so cute :love:) ones in my tank seem to be doing better than in tub as you can see from piccy 3 (still a lot doing nothing at the moment)

Attachments

• baby axies day 6 008.jpg
    baby axies day 6 008.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 326
  • baby axies day 6 001.jpg
    baby axies day 6 001.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 235
  • eggs moning 007.jpg
    eggs moning 007.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 696
It's mad how fast they grow! Guess it could be case of the ones still not doing anything were laid later than the ones that are?

It's mad how fast they grow! Guess it could be case of the ones still not doing anything were laid later than the ones that are?

so agree with the ones in the tub :) however ones in the tank were laid at the same time so not sure whats going on with some of them, time will tell! :happy:

Ok well here is an update on my babies for you all

YouTube - Baby Axies.AVI

Am excited to see some albino eyes in there, what colour they will be I dont know, most seem to be wild but would so love a melanoid or albino leucistic then I would have my set lol!

Attachments

• axie larvae pics 002.jpg
    axie larvae pics 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 185
  • albino & wild.jpg
    albino & wild.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 363
  • axie larvae pics 011.jpg
    axie larvae pics 011.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 251
Great video, Zoe! Jabba has been busy! My oh my! I had some eggs developing slower than others too and it took them over the course of days to all hatch, despite being laid on the same day. Guess Jabba really likes that new tank! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back