Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Call for help

deisel

Reaction score
Hi i have 2 axolotl a white non albino (deisil) and a black (axle) i feed them sinking pellets.
deisil eats them with no problem but axle just looks like he sniffs it and walks away it really got me worried he hasent eaten in 4 days

PLEASE HELP!!
icon4.gif

memojo1979

Reaction score
Worms, worms, worms!
It's always the answer :p

Are pellets the only thing you're feeding them?

As for any help with what the actual problem could be at the moment, I'll leave that up to the experts, but I expect they'll want to know some history + your tank set-up, temperature, test readings e.t.c Have a browse through the other threads in the Sick Axolotl section + you'll find the usual set of questions asked.
Plus, a photo or 2 usually helps ;)

deisel

Reaction score
he dosent look abnormal and isnt acting weird he is in a 6 foot by 1.5 foot by 1foot tank and he wont eat any thing even worms,prawn.krill or even meat

DeCypher

Reaction score
It could be an environmental factor (water flow, heat, water quality, etc.)
Do you have any gravel in the tank? Axolotls are known to accidentally eat it and die.
Have you looked at Axolotl.org yet? It's got a ton of information on Axolotls
----> www.axolotl.org

callina

Reaction score
how old/big is your axie?
If it´s adult, then he needs only been fed 1-2 per week.

And yes, it´s important to give us a little bit more informations about.your water (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH) and the temp.......and about the envirnonment (filter, gravel/sand, water changes how much and how often).

smily sam

Reaction score
live food is better than pellets try feeding a variety of live foods like earth worms, magots and blood worms freeze dried and frozen are good as well. try mussels;)
you have a big tank how many axies do you keep in it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!