Any good newt/salamander selling sites?

superfin

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Chris
Hi all.I have been looking everywhere for newts/salamanders but none of my local fish stores have a decent selection. So I have resorted to using the internet,I'm still a bit unsure about directly mail ordering live stock so does anyone know any trusted,universally praised pet shopping sites?

thanks

I have to say the best one is in the 'For sale section' on this site.
How about putting a post in the wanted section for what you are looking for?

Hi chris,
even better, as says Julia is to find the animal you want right here in this forum. However good they are companies that market caudata, animals are never as good as you can find here, not to mention the abysmal price difference!

cheers

I was thinking about posting an add here but I wasn't sure if all the sellers would be consistantly good. But actually I think I would prefer to buy a newt from a hobbyist who actually cares about the animals well being.I'll post the add here soon but this was really for future referance because I still have a bit of work to do on the tank.

thanks

Chris, i get what you mean about the uncertainty with some ads. I´d recommend rummaging around the Testimonials section. Also, reading the users posts can help create an idea of their professionality as a vendor.
All in all, most people offering animals through this site are decent people who know what they are doing with their animals.

By the way you have a PM with the name of a well known, reputable shop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back