Testing Kits

Durbimac000

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Mac
Hello,

I have a saltwater testing kit from my dads salt water tank and was wondering if the testing kit would work to measure the water levels in my fresh water tank. This is probably a "no duh" question but just to be sure. I would also like to know what testing kits you use and what ones would be good but no too $pricey$

Thamk You :happy:

Not sure about the salt water kit... I know my test kits will do both. Are the salt water one test strips? Cause the bottle tests are much more accurate. The ones I buy average at about 15-30 dollars a throw but normally have 250 tests... they are worth it. I use API test kits... you can get them cheaper via the net.

Just make sure you have pH, nitrate & nitrite (normally the same test) and ammonia

Yes the test is a bottle test, and it tests the pH, nitrate & nitrite, & ammonia. It does not say for freshwater too, but i am not sure just don't want to have to go buy another one if i don't have to you know.

Not sure about the salt water kit... I know my test kits will do both. Are the salt water one test strips? Cause the bottle tests are much more accurate. The ones I buy average at about 15-30 dollars a throw but normally have 250 tests... they are worth it. I use API test kits... you can get them cheaper via the net.

Just make sure you have pH, nitrate & nitrite (normally the same test) and ammonia

Defiantly fair enough... if you dad still has the boxes look for two color charts in them... one should be for salt and one for fresh. As the tests have slightly different colors for each... though pH will defiantly work for either cause its just universal indicator!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back