Getting New Axies Soon :)

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
vlcuXX
Hey everyone just wanted ur input on what type of axies to get for my 2 wild types as friends and other stuff.. so 1. Big Al's Canada said they are getting a shipment in the next 2 weeks hopefully if the shipment doesnt get bumped back again. 2. They said their getting Luceustic, Golden Albino, and wild types (got 2 already) which one's should i get? (maximum 4) 3. Will they be ok with a little size difference?( about 2 months) 4. could i keep them all in a 20 gallon til i get maybe a 40 gallon (when they're mature or abit earlier) Thanks everyone i just wanted to ask for fun to be able to have some imput and btw, what should i look for when buying them? :)

I would wait a little bit before putting them together. Just to be on the safe side. I know some people even quarantine their new axies just to make sure they are healthy before putting them in with others. I believe its for 30 days?

I would not have 4 axies in a 20 gallon tank. That seems way too small unless they are quite young, in which case they could still be at the cannibalistic stage so considering a divider might be an option.

Personally I would set up your 40 gallon and move the two you have once it is set up. Then get your new ones and put them in the 20 gallon until they are the same size as the others and you know they are healthy. That's just me though, someone else might have more advice?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back