Sores on feet???

yager

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, this is my big guy. He is 12.5 inches long and will be 2 years old this april. Sadly he has lived his entire life in a 1 gallon tupperware tray. I moved him to this 20 gallon long tank last night, he really doesn't even know how to swim around as he had no room in that tray. 2 weeks ago i noticed these brown patches of skin on the bottoms of all his feet and was wondering if anyone had any ideas to what they were???

Attachments

• Cacti 098.jpg
    Cacti 098.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,331
  • Cacti 101.jpg
    Cacti 101.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 563
  • Cacti 102.jpg
    Cacti 102.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Cacti 103.jpg
    Cacti 103.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,708
  • Cacti 104.jpg
    Cacti 104.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 817
  • Cacti 105.jpg
    Cacti 105.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,120
I think thats just part of it's maturity marks? Thats just me tho maybe some1 could look into it :D

Thanks for the reply, i was kinda thinking that too at first because i read that they become sexually mature at around two years which he or she is.

xD yea thats a sign of maturity for Leucistic Axies for wildtypes like mine their toes turn white xP:eek:

I know this post is very old but it’s worth a shot. My Axoltol is experiencing the same issue. Did you ever figure out the cause of the patches on the skin?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back