Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

G'day to all

grumble

Reaction score
G'day everyone. My name is Sarah and im from Australia. I love Axolotols and was given Rose for my birthday last year.
I fiund this site last night while trying to find out what is wrong with Rose. i think it's great how you all help eachother out with tpis remedies.
Rose has lately ( in the last 2 weeks) become swollen all over and has started poping her head out of the water and making a grunting sound. she has never done this before. there have been no major changes in her diet or tank. I'm really worried and would love some insight to what may be causing this. I am doubtful that Rose swollowed a stone as i had removed them all from her tank around 4 months ago. My local pet store has told me to treat her with epsom salts. I havent as yet. If anyone has any advice, i'll be so thankful.:blob:

pegasus

Reaction score
Hi gumble,

welcome, the best idea is to post your question regarding rose on the sick axolotl thread, I'm relatively new to axys so I don't wont to give you the wrong advice, there are many members who are very knowledgeable so just ask there,

:)
Peg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!