Finally hit stage 2 of cycling!!

Joanne

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Thought I'd give everyone an update as it's been awhile. So 5 weeks of cycling & my ammonia has peaked & is starting to drop! Pheww, I never thought it was EVER gonna happen! So good news is that I don't have to worry bout all those pesky water changes. Lost 1 guppy along the way but the other gave birth so currently have 5 fry happily swimming around. My new axie will love them ;) Thanks MereB for your clear instructions on how to cycle, it saved me heaps of headaches!!

WOO HOO!!!!!! Stage 2 usually goes very quickly compared to the pain in the neck that the 1st stage can be, as you have now discovered. It's worth it though. Could you image going through all that with your axie in the tank?

I'm so glad it's finally moving forward for you, oh and you're very welcome :D

I am in Melbourne too and mine took about as long to cycle! Such a long wait! Great once it finally happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back