Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Put them together

carsona246

Reaction score
I finally removed the tank divider in my 40 breeder, so now both my wildtype and leucistic are together.
here.jpg

Side by side
both.jpg

Top view

P1010314.jpg

P1010313.jpg

View of my whole tank

aymeh21

Reaction score
Are they getting along all right? I'm very close to putting my two in the same tank together. I'm nervous! :errr:

carsona246

Reaction score
they're getting along much better than I thought they would. They're pretty much the same size now, but the leucistic definatly has more mass than the wildtype, so I was still pretty nervouse. They've actually gotten in the pvc pipe together, and I've seen no aggression so far. I'm pretty relieved.

cml

Reaction score
they're getting along much better than I thought they would. They're pretty much the same size now, but the leucistic definatly has more mass than the wildtype, so I was still pretty nervouse. They've actually gotten in the pvc pipe together, and I've seen no aggression so far. I'm pretty relieved.
How great! Nice pics and beautiful tank =).

aymeh21

Reaction score
I'm so glad they're getting along so well. I am looking forward to moving mine in together, but I am very nervous. My wildtype is just a little bigger than my leucistic.

carsona246

Reaction score
was a nice tank, totally cracked yesterday, like right after I posted my success. Good thing they're getting along so well though, I kept them in a bucket together for a few hours while i tried to figure out what to do with them without a tank, and everything was fine. Still doing good together, and they're in a smaller rubbermaid bin now.

carsona246

Reaction score
while the rubbermaid bin is ugly as hell it seems to be doing the job. I'll probably just wait until I find a nice deal on craigslist. I found a 30 gallon acrylic tank i might check out if the seller emails me back. For future reference to anyone who uses a 30 gallon rubbermaid bin as a temporary tank, duct tape works surprisingly well at preventing the top of the bin from bowing from the water. I was getting pretty worried about how far out the top of the bin bent from the water weight, but ductaping the sides makes it hold its shape much better.

lea

Reaction score
My hubby was right duct tape fixes everything:D.
I hope you can get a great bargin. I lovde the white one he/she is very cute.

Maythe27th

Reaction score
I heard from my axolotl supplier that, 'as long as they are relatively the same size, and they are adequetly fed, two or more axolotls can be housed together'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!