Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Missing limbs

NevsterUK

Reaction score
Hey, I've been trying to find some axolotl's around Cardiff, but all of them have been missing limbs and are being sold for about £20 even though they look like they're in bad shape. I have my tank all set up, but to be honest, I don't know where to go to get them. I want healthy specimens! I know they regenerate, but I'm not sure if I want to buy them when the store has been mistreating them? The tanks are always empty apart from a block of wood that isnt hollow, so doesn't offer shelter, the water flow looks quite high, and the lights are also pretty bright.

What are your opinions? Where should I go?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

callina

Reaction score
you can open a thread in our "Wanted section". There are some breeders in UK, maybe nearby. :D
Or take a look in the "Give away". ;)

zoezakella

Reaction score
HI Joe,

I currently have 77 baby axies (mainly wild and I think some golden albinos) which I will be giving away as of yet I am not sure how many I will have as it is early stages as they have only recently hatched but if you are willing to pay for next day delivery (about £5.50) I might be able to post you one or two BUT i need to find out the best way to do this as I hate the thought of posting but I know people do but I also cant have 77 odd axolotls in my house lol!

NevsterUK

Reaction score
Cheers, that sounds awesome :D A wild type would be great. Do you have any leucistic whites? I've already planned to call my pair Yin and Yang, but I'm sure a golden could fill that in for me :) It would look more mystical haha. How much do you want for each? Postage costs will be fine. At the end of the day, I'm just after a pair of happy, healthy axies, so money really is no obstacle. If you can find out how to post them, let me know and I'll bill the money right over to you.

Cheers :D

zoezakella

Reaction score
No worries Joe will find out for you, they are so tiny at the moment so if your happy to wait then no problem at all :D

No leucistic I am afraid pretty sure 80% wild 20% golden but still not 100% on anything lol so new to this!!

Sorry should have said dont want any money just postage costs will be fine and a loving home :)

NevsterUK

Reaction score
That's fantastic- very generous of you, thanks :) I bet you'll be glad to offload them though haha. Of course I don't mind waiting. How long do you think it'll be until they're old enough to send? I currently have a 3ft tank, so do you think that would be enough for 3 axies? I'd say it's about 25 gallons.

Cheers :)

zoezakella

Reaction score
No worries at all :) Only want to keep one or 2 myself as already have 3 so am only doign this the once just hope a lot survive as had a few die so far but know thats the way it goes just sad :(

Ok well according to the below a couple more weeks is that ok with you?? These will also be far too small for you 3ft tank so you will need something smaller to keep them in until they get bigger & yes you can fit 3 in a 3ft tank.

Axolotls - Rearing from Egg to Adult

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!