Question: RIP Garfield

zoezakella

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Zoe
Well this has to be the suckiest week possible :(

I was taking piccies of my lovely newts Garfield & Odie earlier today as Garfield was swimming around and shedding at the same time.

Went to tuck all my animals in (so to say) before I went to bed and found Garfield upside down :eek: his skin got stuck around his front legs so they were pressed to his side so therefore presume he could not swim and drowned (can this and does this happen).

I am devastated and in tears, I have so enjoyed my little guys and my kids adore them. If any of you guys know of any juvie newts that are black with lots of orange I desperately need one before my son finds out :cry:

As much as I love having pets the heartache that goes with it sometimes is just awful.

RIP my lovely little Cynops Pyrrhogaster Garfield

zoezakella-albums-garfield-odie-cynops-pyrrhogaster-picture14631-garfield.jpg

Attachments

• Garfield 002.jpg
    Garfield 002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 213
oh my...you poor thing..what a horrible thing to happen. Im so sorry for your loss, I also hope you are able to find one before your son finds out. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thanks for your kind words, been one of those weeks. Lost my nan Wednesday, Garfield Thursday and 10 axie larvae today, 1,2,3 and scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the lovely evut came to my rescue as she had one left so i went today to pick him up before Zak noticed, phew :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back