Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tiger salamander and moonlight.

grius

Reaction score
I though i should share a few pitctures on a tiger laying directly under the LED moonlight, i think its kind a cool that they chose the absolut brightest spot in the enclosure. Some month ago the largest one did the same thing, it stayed directly under for about 10-15minutes, and the light was even brighter back then. They show them self both day and night, not giving me a boring minute which i am grateful for.
file_4033.jpg

file_4032.jpg

file_4031.jpg

Well that was all.
Regards.

evut

Reaction score
Great photos. You are very lucky to have such outgoing animals.
Judging from the second picture it was full moon..? :lol:

grius

Reaction score
Great photos. You are very lucky to have such outgoing animals.
Judging from the second picture it was full moon..? :lol:

Thank you evut. I only have had 3tigers so not much to compare with. But when they moved in to a new cage they got this outgooing, Yes thats a full moon=) only the best for those beasts!

grius

Reaction score
woooow... your light is soo beautiful, nearly similar to the real moon light.... i love it.... :D

I agree, it looks pretty cool..Usually i paint LED spots with acrylic, but here i have only cut out a piece from a purple plastic bag and fasten it with a little tape.

These also works if you dont use moonlight every night (Battery) but are pretty cheap and gives absolutly no heat at all. All you need to do is paint, or tape a soft plastic piece on it:)
http://www.clasohlson.se/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/36-2234_2.jpg

Zalth

Reaction score
I might actually go to Clas Ohlson's today and get one of them LEDs and try this out.
It's beautiful.

Zalth

Reaction score
Haha yes, I did! I'll send you some pics tonight. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1