Babies!! Aww!!

laalflaach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw some baby axies at an aquatic centre near Carlisle today, they are so cute and tiny. And so see through, it was absolutely amazing. Only about half a dozen, some leucistic and some wild, one had legs! Unfortunately not for sale, but its made me more determined to get some. I cant wait!!

Axolotls are downright fascinating. It was 2 long years of waiting before I got mine! So in the mean time, I had to settle for a stupid beta fish.

Poor fishie!!

Use your waiting time wisely, get lots of research in! Although tbh if you're on this site already you've probably done a lot so far as it is. :p At least that way you won't make the usual beginner mistakes a lot of us did which led us here!

Cute! I'm still waiting for one too (still needs to grow a bit). It's been a few years from the point of finding out what they are to how to take care of one to someone reputable to sell them!

I've only seen wildtypes in person and this was a few years ago at a pet store. They were cute too!

(Edit because I had horrible grammar!)

I am in the process of setting up tanks (larger one for later) and a smaller one for either eggs or babies, thought at least I would be able to house any should they become available at a moments notice. And you are all correct, reading through all the forums, page after page, you learn so much about the bad things that can happen and learn how to avoid them, much more than reading books which just cover the bare minimum, there isnt anything more comprehensive than a thousand peoples personal experiences. (if that make sense?).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back