Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from WA

mum2toothless

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently adopted an 8yo Axolotl from a friend of my Mums. I have named him Toothless. Yes, after the Dragon in How To Train Your Dragon, I love that movie as it reminded me how how much i enjoy axolotls, and it was perfect timing that I was offered one just weeks after whatching it.

Toothless is about 20cm, black, but slightly speckled. So if i remember corectly he would be wild-type (correct?) about 6 years about I knew all this stuff like the back of my hand, but I seem to have forgotten a lot.

I have had him for a week as of tomorrow (Sunday) but as of Thursday night he has started to float so i am headed over to the Sick Axolotl sub-forum to ask for some help.

See you there. :D

mewsie

Reaction score
Awww, hope Toothless is feeling better soon.

I'll check out that thread too. If he has golden/shiny rings around his eyes, he is a wild type, if not, melanoid :)

Welcome to the forum, and I hope someone can help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!