Hi -I've just joined today

axolotyl girl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this forum though I have been active on another forum for fish for 2 years. I joined Caudata as I am seeking info on axolotls and it was highly recommended by fish forum members.

Last August I became the proud owner of Alex, a young beautiful pale pink leucistic axo with bright red gills like ostrich plumes and shiny black eyes. Alex has more than dubled in size and grown into a magnificant specimen 10in long. His favourite food is earthworms from my organic compost bin!

I would like to find out about breeding axolotls as I want to get Alex a girlfriend.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to hear we come highly recommended. We'd like to think we're the best salamander forum on the internet, and it's good to know that other people think the same about us!

It sounds like you're already on top of things judging by how big your Alex has gotten! But for a little more information on breeding, head on over to the axolotl breeding page. Also have a brows through the forum; it's full of threads about breeding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back