Goldie's laying eggs on the tank glass?!?!

BethNJamie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
BethNJamie
My female axie Goldie is laying eggs onto the side of the glass of our tank, i deffinately want to keep the eggs and have little baby axies but i need tips on how to remove them safely or what i can do to prevent my other axies getting to them??

Alsooo my breeding male axie after laying his sperm have been floating at the top of the tank, he seems fine other than that but its worrying me, is this normal?

Help please people im in need of advise!

Floating is normal, and the eggs are hardier than you probably think. I just suck them out with a turkey baster and shoot them into whatever I plan on raising the eggs in.

Thanks for the advise, ill have to go buy myself a turkey baster :happy:

I actually just got done moving a large batch of newly laid eggs with my hands. I just gently pull at the jelly coating near the egg with my fingers and for the most part they come off pretty easy. I did lose one in the process though cause i didn't grasp right. In the past I've also just sucked them up with a hose for my gravel vacuum, sounds very similar to the turkey baster idea!

~Emily~
musilvr4eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back