Second time lucky...

loonayenda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
JadeFaery
Its taken a year since signing up to the forum to post but today I am doing it see if that password can stand in my way now hehe:p

Hi every one my name is Jade, I am originally from Cape Town SA but now find myself residing in the south of england for the last 4 years, I have grown up with a lot and i mean a lot of reptile and amphibioun abundance in the areas that I lived in and have always loved the good old chameleon i couldnt walk past a lavender or hedge without finding one, little bit different where I live now though.
Saying this I have been a proud parent to two axalotls for the last year and a half one very chubby golden albino called Ziggy and the second is a slightly slimmer leucistic called Bobby both very happy and healthy, they are what inspired me to sign on to the forum to make sure I am giving them the best, I am looking forward to chatting to all of you and get some great ideas for my axalotls.

Welcome Jade.
I've only had my axies now for 5 months and have found this forum very informative and help is never too far away, but by the sounds of it you are doing just fine with your two :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back