My axo first lot of eggs!

nzgirl87

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Display Name
Amanda
Ii have only found about 7 and i think one is no good, im not sure what is going to happen! i thought both of my axos were girls until only a few weeks ago and now eggs already!! here is a picture, can anyone tell me if these look normal?? u will see the bigger white lookin one, from what i have read this means it is dead right?

Attachments

• 217790_10150217076042189_686282188_8571468_4135696_n.jpg
    217790_10150217076042189_686282188_8571468_4135696_n.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 196
Sorry I cant tell you if they are normal or not :/ maybe someone else will come along who can. But i would just chuck them in the hot water cupboard and wait to see what happens ;)

i would if we had any! at my place we had all the hot water tanks takin out and replaced with gas! so nowhere for it..hmmm

I would say that large one is no good. The bad eggs will turn cloudy and stop developing. Here's a cool link to show you development of axie eggs - Egg Development

Since you found so few, it may not be a full clutch. I have had one of my girls just drop a few infertile eggs before. She laid about a dozen and none actually developed.

i have a few tht are developing but not many at all! she is starting to look tubby again so think there might be more on the way soon

one of my eggs hatched and is now a growing little larvae! i have my brine shrimp hatchery going and all is looking well! im glad i only have to start off small its helping with the learning process

Cool :D How are the other ones coming along?

Aww, well at least one of them made it, would have been sad to watch and wait with nothing at all happeneing :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back