Howdy howdy howdy

preservation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is carrie. im obviousily new here :D. i am getting a pair of axolotls in a couple of days hence why i joined. but i have an array of different animals from fluffies to scalies. just really here to learn more about these type of animals. im not the type of person to just rush in i have been planning for months.

BUT i know you dont use gravel as they can eat it so sand is best...but does not state what kind of sand so my question is can i use kids play sand as its non toxic?? i use it for my beardies and it doesnt bother them.

thanks

Welcome! Play sand works, but you have to rinse it really well. Easiest way is to put it into a large bucket and let a hose run water through it for a long time, swirling it around occasionally.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back