Larvae Color Question

Cheylee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have about twenty babies left from my batch,and these are all doing good. They are eating well, and they all have their front legs, but i was wondering what color they would be. Everywhere i've checked, so far, says you can still tell when they are in the eggs but it's been over a month now since hatching and i still can't tell. Right now they are all see through with black speckles on them. Any Idea?

The mother is black and the father is albino.

A picture would be helpful, but they're probably wildtype.

I fanally got a decent camera to take a picture of them. What do you guys think they will become? If wild tpe, that would be awesome!

Attachments

• 223535_183462201706394_100001278468808_517640_846586_n.jpg
    223535_183462201706394_100001278468808_517640_846586_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 205
I'd say wildtype, but having not raised any wildtype from that young, I can't say for definate. I imagine the see through parts darkening a bit as the skin thickens though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back