Trip to Michigan in May

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
I'll be returning to my old stomping grounds for a little birthday vacation from May 1st-5th(ish).

If any of you fellow Michiganders want to get together and do some herping, let me know! I'd love to organize a get-together or something. I'll be doing plenty while I'm there, and if others want to come along, I love the company!

Jaymes, this goes for you and Chad too! I haven't seen you guys in forever!

I'll meet you where ever in Michigan! Can't wait to hangout and we have to catch up. Lets try to get people together and have a blast. See you soon!

Jaymes, do you know how long it's been since I've been to Rose Lake?! Remember that night you found your first blue-spotted? I wish I would've gotten a picture of your face!

And then there's a trip to the Fleetwood, of course.

Let's just hope it doesn't snow.

Ooooh this would be fun! Hopefully I will be able to make it and that I don't have to work!

:D I would love to go 'mander hunting!

Grace, it'll probably be Wednesday night, May 4th, as long as Jaymes can make that. The only day I'm committed to other plans is the 2nd, otherwise I can work around everyone else's schedule.

I'd be interested!

Okay. Here's how my schedule stands now:

I'll be arriving in Michigan sometime on Saturday. Sunday, we're having a big family get-together (my ma is throwing my brother and I a 'birthday party', which we haven't had in 2 decades, lol). I've got plans on Tuesday. So... I'm free Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Could also do Friday during the day.

Schedule is set: There will be herping on Wednesday. If anyone wants to go to Rose Lake, I'm down with that. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm down with that too!

Then there will be a trip to the Fleetwood, the best diner in the greater Lansing area (maybe the world), and some of the old herp crew are going to get together at the bar for my birthday.

Anyone wanting to tag along is more than welcome! The more the merrier! I'll have semi-sporadic computer access, but I get email on my phone. So email me at newtgirl@gmail.com if you want to go, and we can work it all out!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back