Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl in a bottle!

TorontoDrew

Reaction score
I put a glass milk bottle in my tank. This is my juvinile leucistic checking it out.

Attachments

• DSC01336_2.jpg
    DSC01336_2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 828
  • DSC01339.jpg
    DSC01339.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC01340.jpg
    DSC01340.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSC01341.jpg
    DSC01341.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,158

Mandy6

Reaction score
Oh my gosh that is adorable! I love the 3rd picture where he is looking at us from the edge of the bottle!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
The pictures are rather cute, but it would worry me that your axolotl may become trapped in the bottle. I personally would put it on its side .

dragonlady

Reaction score
That's very cute, but I worry that it would give some overzealous entrepreneur evil ideas! :eek:

Anybody see that article about key chains in China?! HERE

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I did see that Shannon. It makes me pretty mad that China has such lax laws regarding animal welfare. If something similar were to occur in America, everyone would be in an uproar, but in China it's a stupid fad that is going to cost millions of animals their lives.

memojo1979

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but I get milk in glass milk bottles from the milkman. If I were to buy it from a shop, it'd either be in plastic bottles that have a molded-in handle, or in a cardboardy carton. Never seen a BAG of milk before though. Any chance of a photo? I'm really curious :D

TorontoDrew

Reaction score
Bagged milk :D

Attachments

• bagged_milk.jpg
    bagged_milk.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 351
  • bagged milk.jpg
    bagged milk.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 379

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been sitting for what feels like days wondering about bagged milk...It makes sense, but I dread to think what my children would do with it :D

mekkha

Reaction score
I always love shocking people with the "yes we get milk in bags". Also, what people in the US call smarties we call rockets. Our smarties are kind of like M & M's. We have those too though. And our mars bars are different too.

I like candy :D

mewsie

Reaction score
I always love shocking people with the "yes we get milk in bags". Also, what people in the US call smarties we call rockets. Our smarties are kind of like M & M's. We have those too though. And our mars bars are different too.

I like candy :D

Hmmm... No... I don't believe you, you should send us some so we can see for ourselves :cool:

iChris

Reaction score
its funny seeing how backwards the world is in some places.

in Australia, milk comes for $1 a liter in a plastic bottle at Coles or Woolworths, but for some reason it looks like it would taste better from a glass. we also get UHT milk in a carton, from the shelf! its not powdered, its just heat treated so it lasts for ages out of the fridge in a sealed carton.

one of those bottles looks like it would make a great hide for a small axie if you managed to get some java moss to grow all over it.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh bagged milk... I miss Canada!

There were so many delicious things there. Like CaraMilk.

Although I did have to have care packages of Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper sent up. That Canadian pop with its 'alternative' sweeteners just didn't do it for me like high fructose corn syrup.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!