Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I just bought one of these!

HelloKitty

Reaction score
SEACHEM AMMONIA ALERT MARINE FISH WATER TEST SENSOR KIT | eBay UK

its an anomia sensor that sticks to the side of the tank. Obviously not a replacement for using the proper test kit but I thought it might be a good idea for me as I have a terrbile memory so if the amonia starts creeping up I can see it right in front of my eyes. I'll still be testing ammonia along with other paramiters. especially as I will need to see how accuarate it is.

Star

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one of them only I spotted a pink sea horse one and a blue turltle one, meant for kids but still... :p

carsona246

Reaction score
I was actually pretty curious if those work long term. Let me know how it works for you

Mandy6

Reaction score
Yes, Please post how well they work! I've been thinking of buying them for my tanks but haven't been sure on the accuracy of the

ZoeT94

Reaction score
I used to have them, they do work but their scale is a bit wide.

EEVEE84

Reaction score
I had it for a day now and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. The middle circle colour is a bit vague and I can't destinguish if it's yellow or light green (my tank is still cycling). The fact I'm keeping my tank in a dark corner doesn't help and I have to use flashlight to see the colour. Yesterday I waited 4 hours or so to give it time to develop and it showed greenish colour which indicated 'alert 0.05ppm' I've tested the water with drip test and it showed much more ammonia (about 0.5ppm) so I think the ammonia alert failed here :/ today after water change it shows indistinguishable colour but my drip test shows 0.25 or thereabouts 0_o. So up to this moment I think the alert is a failed buy and just adds up to the confusion and can be misleading.

Also it says on the pack it's working in tanks ph 6 and my ph is somewhat 7-7.5 soapy that's y it's not working for me.

I'm gonna give it a day or two more and then gonna get rid of it if there won't b any changes.
I think it could damage or hurt my axie if I relied only on it and forgot about drip tests as it showed much less ammonia than it should

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!