Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Worst axolotls ever!

HelloKitty

Reaction score
I mean SERIOUSLY, terrible terrible! :cool: na just kidding!

these little guys have joined my family and completely melted my heart. How am I ever supposed to keep up my reputation of being the worlds biggest grump anymore? My axies have brightened my world. How dare they make me so damn happy! I'm known as "le grump", now people will have to come up with another nickname. My girls adore them and we all spend ages watching them watching us! My 21 month old can even say Axolotl!

This new addiction has got me hooked. All I do is happily check water, change water, hover tank, feed axies, watch axies, talk to axies, scower the internet thinking about what to spend on them next and take picture upon picture and videos of them. I dont want to spend money on other stuff anymore, I just keep making plans for thier next tank when they are bigger.I just love them so much!

Naughty naughty little amphibians!

lisordactyl

Reaction score
It looks like someone else needs a referal to Axolotlics :)confused:) Anonymous :lol:

I'm glad to see you're loving your axies :D They're certainly very fascinating, aren't they? I've only got one, and trying my best not to get him a friend right now. He's definitely the most spoilt out of all my pets.

mewsie

Reaction score
Haha, I'm definitely an Axoholic, and so is my boyfriend. And now our drummer is too, it seems, he came round to work on some stuff last night and the first thing he did was come and say hi to them. Mwuahahaha.

memojo1979

Reaction score
Well, I've been to get some more today :D
Travelled to just outside Manchester, to get some 4-5cm leucies (2 for myself, 2 for Raziela, 2 for John + 2 for my next door neighbour)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1