Question: Treatment of tank after fungus on the axolotls?

Reibu

Reaction score
Country
Macao
I'm a newbie and all in keeping marine pets so please have patience with me :confused:

I've been recently treating my axolotls to salt bath treatment since three days ago after I've confirmed that the white stuff on their gills are definitely fungus. The next question that raises in my head is that what do I do with the tank? I hear the replacing all the water 100% is not a good thing to do. I'm afraid that the fungus will linger in the water and all.

Can someone instruct me on what to do? :happy:

Also, for how many days should I continue treating them salt baths (15 min each time)?

Fungus is perpetually present in your tank. It only takes hold of your axolotl when it's injured or ill.

What's better is to find the root of why your axolotl got fungus in the first place.

Salt baths should be done twice a day, for 1 or 2 days after the fungus is all gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back