Question: How could someone do this?!

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
vlcuXX
OMG guys i just had to share this terrible person's vid with you, IT RAGES ME , like how could someone feed an axolotl to a bunch of , Dont get offended, BUT STUPID FISH!? I cried and got frusterated during this video i just dont understand how someone could feed an axolotl to some small dumb fish! :mad::mad::mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf1OI5dRmus BTW I DONT CARE IF IT DIED ON ITS OWN OR THE GUY KILLED THE AXOLOTL, HE STILL IS RIDICOLOUSLY DUMB

You killed my soul. Look, its trying to escape out the window. :(

(Faint of soul, I'd recommend not clicking.)

But no.

You know what makes this video messed up?

That guy and his intermission. THAT makes it like, fifty times more screwed up. With his hideous shades.

And... uhh... who keeps something dead around that long for the remains to be like that. How are those fish ALIVE? wtf.

*cries blood*

...Yeah, I'm gonna go chase my soul down now.

I suspect I wouldn't gain anything from watching this, so I shan't bother.

I feel sick... thats horried

I suspect I wouldn't gain anything from watching this, so I shan't bother.
I don't know if it makes it better but it made ME feel better to know the axolotl was already dead. The fish didn't eat it alive. if it was alive I would be REALLY angry!

That' so sad :( It doesn't seem like this person respects the animals at all. Even if it died naturally, why not show your pet respect and give it a nice send off, not feed it to other fish :S Plus what if it was sick and then all the other fish get sick? I love my fish but I'd never ever do anything like this :( Poor Axi

Thanks for the tips on not watching, I don't think I would be able to handle it.

I can understand how this video is very upsetting to people. But at the risk of being hated by everyone, think of this...

We feed axolotls living things (worms). We feed them fish or shrimp. People feed their snakes mice and rats. Lizards eat crickets. Animals eat animals. It is the circle of life and it is a reality.

People eat meat (those are animals, most of whom were not treated properly nor did they have a nice passing) every single day with no criticism.

I could personally NEVER do this. My pets are my pets and I treat them with respect after they pass on. I also work with animals so I deal with death and bodies and I always treat them with the utmost care and respect.

It is twisted and I would never ever do this but fish have to eat too. I take comfort knowing the axolotl was already dead. However not very bright on this dude's part since the axolotl could have been ill.

Please don't hate me >.< I'm not saying it was ok, and again I could NEVER do this, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Wait, that was his pet? Forget this I'm telling this guy exactly what I think! *stamps feet*

Mekkha, I don't think you'll be hated for what you've said as it's true. The disturbing part about this video is that the axolotl was his pet, there should be a bond between them and respect should have been shown to the animal after death as well as in life. Very much like you said you would show your pets. =]

But although the fish have to eat, I'm fairly certain they don't require dead axolotl to survive, and like you said if the axolotl died of a disease he may have just done something very stupid for more than one reason!

Interesting to see all the different creatures benefiting from the Axolotl's death. This is pretty much exactly what would happen in nature, so I don't have a problem with it. His Axolotl's look well cared for, so there's no mistreatment going on.
I can understand why people wouldn't want to do this with their own pet - but I don't think there's anything wrong with what this guy has done.

The dudes shades however, fashion faux pas!

Wait, that was his pet? Forget this I'm telling this guy exactly what I think! *stamps feet*

Mekkha, I don't think you'll be hated for what you've said as it's true. The disturbing part about this video is that the axolotl was his pet, there should be a bond between them and respect should have been shown to the animal after death as well as in life. Very much like you said you would show your pets. =]

But although the fish have to eat, I'm fairly certain they don't require dead axolotl to survive, and like you said if the axolotl died of a disease he may have just done something very stupid for more than one reason!

Thanks ^_^ I was really nervous people would start hating me!

Like you said, the sad part is how he treated his pet's remains. Working at a shelter though I could tell you horror stories about "pets" and how they were treated. In our Province they are actually legally seen as property. So you can imagine... I really think all animals, pets or not, should be respected even after they pass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back