New to site and axolotl's Toowoomba

lfrey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all I'm new to this site. I brought 2 axies about 6 months ago now, I had them in a tank with sand on the bottom but they got a fungus which killed my gorgeous black boy so I started fresh with the tank and went with big stones which cleared up the fungus luckily my golden spotted female only lost one gill to the fungus shes all healthy now and I haven't had a problem since. Shes well trained and knows when its feed time as soon as its that time of day and I walk over to the tank she comes up the top of the tank for her feed. I never thought I would love my axie as much as I do. There not like fish. I'm wanting to get another male but theres not many for sale in Toowoomba QLD or there's only juvies which my girl is an adult now and is the boss in her tank. She has an attitude when she wants lol. I will try and get a photo of my girl up as she is so beautiful and healthy.

photo.php

This is her just floating down from top with a mouthful of food

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back