Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Questions on my waterdog

LicketyxSplit

Reaction score
So i was at the pet store and saw this waterdog thing and it looked sweet and whatever. i did some research to figure out how to care for it. i just have 1 and its in a 10gallon tank. my questions are: how much does it eat? when to lower water? and anything else would be nice

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Feed it once every day or two, as much as it will eat in 5-10 minutes. Remove all uneaten food promptly so it doesn't foul the water. There is a fairly extensive description of care here, particularly the section about care during metamorphosis:
Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tiger salamander

LicketyxSplit

Reaction score
thanks... and what would be the best way to have a source of land in a 10 gallon tank filled with water?

Aaran

Reaction score
Click onto jennewts site!

there on the links in her signature (under the line on her posts)

She has some great DIY tanks and has shown you how to do them :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1