When will male axolotl be ready to reproduce

lfrey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi my female golden spotted axie has reached sexual maturity how do I tell when my male will be ready to reproduce. Hes younger then my female about half the size hes a juvi but you can see that hes male (only just can tell). Hes solid Black. My female is ready to produce shes nice and fat and healthy (not too fat ofcourse). I was hopeing they might reproduce this winter while the temps are cool. Is this going to be possible or will my male be to young until next winter?

My male is nearly 7 inches long hes a long boy but only little. I just got him a while ago so trying to get him eating good and filled out.

I don´t know, if your axie has reached sexual maturity (some 7 inch axies do, others not), but if he has, he is ready to reproduce. :D
But this is no guarantee, that he will. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back