Do Axies get Bored with their Surroundings?

Mandy6

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Mandy
I only ask because when I do my weekly water changes on my goldfish and betta tanks, I usually change the ornaments around, make it look different so I guess I hope it seems like something new for them.

So do you think that Axies would like a weekly change around with their water changes? Would it interest them or stress them out? If I do it should I keep some of their hides in the same place? (I have a heap of fake plants, some huge rocks (much bigger than my axies xD), and 5 hides for my two axies)

I don't know if they get bored if you don't, but they definitely get curious if you do. I think I posted this in another thread recently, but just in case they do have a memory for this kind of thing I keep one hide in the same place all the time (just move it to flush the sand underneath and clear any poop) so they have somewhere they know they can dart to.

But yeah, when I move stuff around they love it! Many an hour spent wandering in and out and up and down wherever they can get.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back