Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Eggcitement!!

laalflaach

Reaction score
Just got a batch of eggs today, big thanks to zoezakella for sending them, I know its a risk sending eggs through the post, but I promise I will do my utmost to look after them and nurture them!! Will try to get a camera and take some pics, as my mobile is absolutely rubbish! Here's to a new axie adventure!! Just got to think of some names for them now?

My husband has got some albino catfish in his tank which I named Barbara, Simon (he is the blonde one) and Terence (he is tiny), Brian, Bob and Doddy (after Ken), unfortunately Nameless died this morning less than 24 hours after we got him, and 2 weeks ago Katy Price died, but she was unsociable. His siamese fighter is called Jimmy 2 times, and I havent named the 10 cardinals yet, still working on that! :p

zoezakella

Reaction score
My pleasure and keeping fingers and toes crossed they all do well for you!!!! If they dont behave you just let me know! x

laalflaach

Reaction score
Here are the little cuties, I took the dead eggs out after viewing them under a magnifier to check they were not just a wierd colour. I have been marking off on a print out which ones have moved, how sad is that??

Random 062.jpg

zoezakella

Reaction score
Here are the little cuties, I took the dead eggs out after viewing them under a magnifier to check they were not just a wierd colour. I have been marking off on a print out which ones have moved, how sad is that??

View attachment 15827

Heh you even used the thermometer what a great axie mum your going to be!!!

LOL nothing sad about anything to do with axies we are all as bonkers as eachother!

Good luck Louisa, really pleased for you and hope they do well for you xx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1