Illness/Sickness: White area on gill

Travis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I moved him into his new tank recently, and this just started now. The Tank was cycling but I cut it short because he couldn't wait any longer, he had to be moved into his new home. I checked all of the levels, and they're normal, I did notice the bacteria though, I see white (sperm like) creatures moving around on side of tank, and the white slime. I'm not sure if this is a bad bacteria, which may be the cause.

I'm not sure if this is normal, it doesn't look like its growing onto the gill, but that it's the actual gill itself, turning white in just that spot. I also noticed that it grew larger since last time, it became longer.

IMG00121_20110506_0330.jpg

Please help me. :(

After taking a closer look, it does look like its fungus, because I noticed some parts on it that were not part of the gill. What should I do, I have no idea whats going on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back