Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Do I keep fridging or put him in a tank?

Star

Reaction score
My little Hoshi was attacked again by Scylla :( She nearly got his leg off but didn't manage it. He has been in the fridge for about 2 weeks now, I started daily salt baths for him and Jake 3 days ago as they had fungus growing on their injuries. Jake should be fine to go in her own tank, despite the lack of leg but Hoshi's leg has turned a browny colour, doesn't really look like there is any fungus today but it looks as though the skin is dead so I'm not too sure what to do :confused:
Is it best to keep him fridged for a while longer or should he be OK in a tank with Jake? I was going to put them both in my old 2ft tank, if I put water, ornaments and plants from my established tank in there will it be as good as cycled or will I still be starting the process off fresh again? I have my old filter but it hasn't been used for a couple of months. The tank has also been recently disinfected also.

AlissaMae

Reaction score
I've been told that even if you can't see any more fungus, you are supposed to keep giving it salt baths for 4 days following..
So, I would probably keep fridging the guy..

Star

Reaction score
Thanks :) I moved him into a tank and his leg appears to have vanished now :(

Star

Reaction score
Well he's in with Jake so I'm hoping Jake didn't suddenly turn cannibal!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!