Illness/Sickness: Swarley isn't eating

forester

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kat
I'm really worried about Swarley. She ate one worm yesterday, but refused the second. She refused to eat today at all. I haven't checked the water levels yet, but my tank is fully cycled and this is well water. I'm going to in a hour or so when the house heats up when I will do a water change. The temperature in this house fluctuates because we don't have the best air conditioning system. It's an old drafty house. In the hottest part of the day, the temperature in her tank is getting up to 22 C. This morning it was 18 C.

how old is your axie?

keep in mind that adult axies over a year or so old don't need to be fed daily.

She's not a year old yet, but close. I stopped feeding her every day recently though because she stopped growing and was getting fatter instead. I read that was a good indicator of when to adjust feeding. I only wanted to feed her today because she wouldn't really eat yesterday. She normally can eat two or three worms, but she only ate one.

She's been swimming a lot more lately. Maybe she is fine, but I was worried. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back