Amphibian info

smily sam

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Sam
Hello, I am doing a sciance project on amphibians for school and need some info.
Sam

I need info on common characteristics between all amphibians and exseptions to the group

I also need some info on examples of amphibians and speical amphibians and exeptions. please can people reply quikly the project is due tomorrow.
thankyou for all the replys so far. Sam:happy:

PLEASE REPLY!! the project is due for tomorrow!

Please remember that it's not our job to do your homework at the last minute, and enlarged font and exclamation points don't help. Google may be more helpful with some of your questions than waiting for forum members to answer them.

...info on examples of amphibians? You're on a salamander forum. I think that you know some examples. What kind of examples have you considered?

...special amphibians? What do you mean? Like the flying frog, or the worm-like caecilians?

...exceptions? What do you mean? Like a penguin and turtle are amphibious animals, but not amphibians.

No worries. So what do you need?

How do lungless salamders breath through there skin?
and what I meen by exeptions and speical amphibians where odd or wierd amophibians. what was that you where saying about a flying frog?!
Sam:happy:

Lungless salamanders absorb oxygen through their permeable skins. All amphibians do to some extenct. It´s not really breathing since there the lungs aren´t involved. It´s simply by diffusion. The skin is permeable and wet, and so the dissolved oxygen simply diffuses into the animal´s tissues. Lungless salamanders are able to get all the oxygen they need through their skin because they are small animals which are generally inactive and have slow methabolisms.

The flying frogs are different species that have adapted to being able to "glide" in big jumps. They have large webbed feet that they extend during a jump to encrease their surface, which allows hem to glide a little.
The most famous of these flyring frogs are probably those in the genus Racophorus.

As for other odd amphibians, you could search for info about caecilians, clawed frogs, Darwin´s frog (which carries its young inside its vocal pouch), giant salamanders ( genus Andrias)....those are all pretty interesting.

Another wierd one is the olm. It is blind, long-lived, and able to sense electrical fields.

Also you have skin-eating baby caecilians.

Good luck on your assignment.

Thankyou Pete very much:happy: I forgote about omls and wasn't sure if they where salamanders. I also was told they can go without eating for 10 years!

THANK YOU! very much all who replyed with info. my class injoyed my presentation on amphibians.
Sam:happy:
P.S if you would like to see my presentation please email me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back