Question: Larvae setups and brine shrimp

Molch

Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand there are two schools of thought regarding starting young larvae:

the near-sterile, small tub setup with daily water changes
and
the big-established-tank-full-of-plants setup.

So in raising my larvae I have tried both, and I like the big tank with plants version better, but I'm wondering if others who keep larvae in established tanks feed BBS at all? Since they have the potential of really polluting the water.

Do BBS only go with the sterile, daily-100% water change method?

whoopsie - I think I should have posted this in the species section? Or maybe it doesn't matter..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back