Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What are you and your Axies up too?

Kaytiandpixie

Reaction score
Things have been pretty quiet around here recently so i thought id try to spark a conversation. we all talk alot about our axie's, which makes alot of sense concidering this is a forum about Axolotls. but i think it be nice to get to know each other, no personal information of course, but just nice chit chat between friends with like minded interests. i figured we could discuss what your doing today, stories having to do with our axies and just life in general, and our other hobbies, anything really. fortunately Axies do provide alot of amusing story's.

satyrlike

Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned before Cpt Jack got a new room-mate and since then has gotten 2 more! Although he is about an inch shorter than they are, he spends his day swimming around to show them that he is the boss of the tank and they spend their day carefully ignoring him when he puts on this "manly" display. <I know, this is all going to come back and bite me in the butt if Jack ends up being a female...>. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to my job that I can run home during lunch and check on them. I'm setting up a 35 gal tank next to theirs and they are *very* curious about it. They'll all swim over to that side of the tank whenever I'm setting things up in it or moving thengs about.

Kaytiandpixie

Reaction score
Snaps for Satyrlike! thanks for being the first to post!
jack must be super excited about his new friends! Matti is nearly large enough to be put in with pixie. of course hes still got quarantine for another two weeks but it will be nice to see pix and matti together. congrats on your 35 gallon! when i was setting up the 3 footer for Pixie she kept swimming to the side and staring at me. its so cute!

satyrlike

Reaction score
Many thanks! I'm setting up my 35 gal as quarrentine just in case something happens to the 55 gal one. On the lookout for another 55 gal <I have a really long bare wall in that room> and then I think we'll be set...for awhile. *grin*

lisordactyl

Reaction score
Hello there!

I haven't been up to much, just working and eating, haha. My axolotl, Clifford, is ill at the moment (though he's looking tonnes better) so he's in the fridge, chillin'. I need to sort out his tank for when he's all fixed and fungus free :)

Kaytiandpixie

Reaction score
Snaps for lisa, being productive and consuming nuetrients! im a bit hyper today, im sorry clifford is feeling down. im glad to hear hes feeling some better. send him good feelings from me pix and matti!

caseeybrown

Reaction score
Hey guys i agree with the dryness of some posts on here seems like nobody wants to chat anymore, i got no replys on the thread with pics i posted of finlee :(

Well today has been tedious revising for exams (yawn) but i was excited to get home and see Fin and he was happy to see me.. Or rather happy to see the blue tweezers comming out which = food.
Then he was a pain in the bum cause he wouldnt eat the worm cut in half.. So cut it up more then he was picky about eating it cause it wasnt as wiggly!

Axies eh? ;)

Erzs

Reaction score
Hey guys i agree with the dryness of some posts on here seems like nobody wants to chat anymore, i got no replys on the thread with pics i posted of finlee :(

That's so sad! Every axolotl at least deserves some fuss and attention from other axolotl owners! I will hunt this thread down once I'm done here. :D

I'm currently considering taking Arbie on Teen Mom. I never mentioned it due to the circumstances (apart from in many stressed pm's to Zoe :p), but I actually became an axolotl grandmother two weeks ago. Now I'm left cleaning up after the newly hatched babies, on feeding and water change duty, whilst madame struts around her tank expecting dinner at 9pm as usual! I feel so used...

Mr Poseidon

Reaction score
Dayton, Oh (summer) Charleston SC (fall winter spr
Hey yall!!!!

Love all your action with your axis!!!!

i just got my little guy at the beggin of the month.... he had a rough first cupple of weeks. I had put a pice of wood in his tank it rotted.... had to change 100% water 3 times. then i had to drive 12 hrs with him in the back seat.

after he finally got home and in clean water with a hiding place and a few plants... he still didnt like me.... but now he loves me! when he hears me walk in the room he swims up to the side of the tank and watces tv wit me!!!!(i doubt hes actually watching the tv but it loooks like it)

i fed him his first earth worm the other day freaking sweet! (although he might be a little small to be feeding him earthworms but w/e he loves em)

I LOVE AXOLOTLS I WANT LIKE A MILLION!!!!! (currently i have one- Mr. Poseidon, and my gf has one i dk what her name is.) when they gette bigger there only about 3inch currently im gonna get more!

<3

lisordactyl

Reaction score
That's so sad! Every axolotl at least deserves some fuss and attention from other axolotl owners! I will hunt this thread down once I'm done here. :D

I'm currently considering taking Arbie on Teen Mom. I never mentioned it due to the circumstances (apart from in many stressed pm's to Zoe :p), but I actually became an axolotl grandmother two weeks ago. Now I'm left cleaning up after the newly hatched babies, on feeding and water change duty, whilst madame struts around her tank expecting dinner at 9pm as usual! I feel so used...

Congrats!

iChris

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for work ATM, I have a later shift, I start at 8am today haha.

Lance-Alotl is just watching me go about my morning routine, no doubt hoping that it involves her getting another feed.

Kaytiandpixie

Reaction score
Snaps for everyone! and i hope finlee can feel the love coming from my neck of the woods! congrats Erzs and mr. poseidon on your new additions! and Casey good luck on those exams! im excited to see everyone talking and chatting.

forester

Reaction score
I am dealing with both moving and a new addition to my menagerie, an eight week old kitten named Lily (that my boyfriend, family, and myself lovingly call Destructo). I took one of my other cats and my dog to the vet, and they had found her. She's a sweet heart, and I finally found a way for her to stop trying to drink axolotl water. Lily is a little sick at the moment, but we're working on it.

Swarley is swimming happily because the day has been very cool. She's eating some, but not as much. I'm sure it will pick up when I can get her in the apartment, because my home isn't very insulated.

lea

Reaction score
hi everyone
Im at work looking after naughty students at school and Im guessing Cookie is at home wondering why the blue light(the chiller light under her tank) is gone again "dig dig I know it was around here somewhere" . "who put that plant there:eek:?" Muuuuummmmm "I dont like my tank this way" I know she is plotting her revenge as I type.....
have a great day everyone

forester

Reaction score
The exact definition is "1. A collection of wild animals kept in captivity for exhibition.
2. A strange or diverse collection. " This is just joke that my family, mostly my mom, always says to me when I want a new animal. Considering what animals I do have currently, I'm not far off from having an actual one. I have three cats, one dog, one axolotl, eight chickens, one guinea fowl, and a donkey. :lol:

Blaze

Reaction score
Currently Sunny is in an esky with all his plants, his old tank and the stand are empty and sitting in the lounge room. His new cabinet and hood which I have designed myself with rubber matting and a drain because condensation due to the chiller is destryoing stands left right and centre, are outside drying because I just stained them. His new tank is in the spare room and the house generally looks like a wreck covered in silicon, rubber matting, fish tank decorations and everything inbetween! At least Sunny is a good sport about me constantly moving his tank around :)

lea

Reaction score
@forester...I think you have a menagerie:D
@mr poseidon.....Im expanding my knowledge while I work:D....well thats what i tell everyone anyway;)

memojo1979

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I'm relaxing for a little while, after taking my daughter to school. Got my 4ft tanks onto their stand last night (though not in the right place or set up yet - was just getting fed up of them standing on their ends in the lounge, while the stand was in the kitchen! Am very surprised + proud of myself that I managed to move them without any damage or injuries ;)
Took 3 axolotls to my daughter's school yesterday afternoon (their subject at the moment is pets), will be taking 2 or 3 of the corn snakes this afternoon. The white GAL snail + my daughter's hamster will be visiting tomorrow.
Got to go into town later, to get some new underwear (woo-hoo :p)

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, my axies are mooching about their tank upstairs, contemplating which freakish position they shall put them selves into today.

Meanwhile, I have been running around like a mad woman .I took a small hoard of children to school. Did the shopping and two lots of washing. I am currently watching some ghastly toddler program on tv while my small chatterbox son trashes the lounge...again...
I will be popping out in a bit to meet Eva (Evut), from the bus. She is bringing me some of her newts to baby(newt) sit for a while. I am really looking forward to seeing her. :D
Later I will dash back to school to fetch my daughter and her friends, cook tea and feed the family and then send my older boys off for their sporting activities.
After Ned goes to bed , I'll feed the axies and the other caudates. Potter in the garden , whilst avoiding my currently psycho attack cat and then I shall relax for a bit ...probably nursing the latest set of wounds:crazy:

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1