How do you know when and why an axie is stressed?!

caseeybrown

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Casey :)
Basically i think i read a thread that said if an axies tail is curled its stressed, Is this true?

Finlee has been curving his tail round whilst standing still but it goes back straight when swimming or moving, im worried theres something wrong :(

I just did a water change to hoover up dirt but hes still doing it and past couple of days he doesnt really like the worms im giving him, even if theyre chopped small he snaps at them, chomps then spits them out as if theyre too big or something. Ill try some frozen bloodworm later but he doesnt like non wiggly stuff!

Adviceeeee?!

The 'curl' people refer to is a hook in the very tip of the tail. You can see a picture of it here.

Thanks for the pic to look at!
Phew it doesnt look like that, he just curls it round so the tip of his tail is closer to his head ?

Am i over reacting xD

I think so. Especially if he can straighten it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back