Photo: EPIC 3 story axie slate tower!!

Aimzs Lotties

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Aimée
I built this today out of slate and it's epic!

Comments..??

:)

Attachments

• IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
very very nice you did a very good job. I don't know that I have ever seen slate that blue! I like it :D just double check there are no sharp edges that you might need to file/sand back so your axies don't cut them selves.

It's awesome you should be very proud of yourself.

Last edited:
i think it's just the flash from my camera that made it blue.. its really more of a grey-ish colour..

will do! i bought some extra strength sand paper at bunnings so when im sure its all secure and dry (from the aquarium safe glue), i'll get to work smoothing it :D

I'm still looking for the answer, so maybe you can help me out.
What kind of glue did you use (that is safe to use in an aquarium)?

i think it's just the flash from my camera that made it blue.. its really more of a grey-ish colour..

will do! i bought some extra strength sand paper at bunnings so when im sure its all secure and dry (from the aquarium safe glue), i'll get to work smoothing it :D
:( Awww that's a shame I really like the colour in the pic. It's still an amazing creation, I'm just a sucker for blue ;)
Have fun sanding it back.

Morrison you can use Silicon and super glue GEL but it has to be the gel not the regular but either will eventually fall apart :( they are great products just not permanent for rocks in my experience. BUT silicone is easier to get off again should you want to break it down and build something else ;)
You can also buy aquarium safe epoxy which is a much better longterm option that is very hard to remove and I've yet to have anything that's been epoxied fall apart. I believe most epoxy's are safe but they must be extremely well cured allowing the toxins to dissipate. Fully cured epoxy is inert and safe for fishtanks.

Check your local fish shop, some carry aquarium glues or there's always online retailers.

Morrison, I used silicone that is specified for use on glass. it was the only aquarium safe glue they had at the store but the workers assured me it would work fine. It has to be left for 1 week after use, before adding to the aquarium to ensure it is safe for our lotls.. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back