Are They Ready?

Cheylee

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, i'm probably going to be selling several of my Axolotl Babies here in the next month but i was wondering if they are ready. I Have more then ten of them that have their front and back legs grown out all the way and their gills look amazing. They all eat bloodworms every night so the new owners can find food fairly easily in this dinky town. The babies them selves are about two to three inches.

My only concern is another breeder in town. ( I posted a post about him) I just dont want people getting these things and then not having a clue on how to take care of them. Is there a way i can make sure that they are all going to good homes?

I know that many people on here reccomend giving the eggs away but since this was the parents first batch i wanted to make sure they would be ok.

(Lol now i just have to decide on which baby i want to keep.) :)

I had that issue 'which do I keep...?':rolleyes: Size wise they are fine to rehome, maybe give them a care sheet with your babies or quiz them? Offer them on here first so you know they will more than likely be going to a very good home :) If you think someone interested seems a dimwit and probably isn't going to take care of them then you could tell them no

Give a care sheet with each one you sell. Just print one off, and hand them out, mandatory. It'll help with the uninformed buyers issue.

I had that issue 'which do I keep...?':rolleyes: Size wise they are fine to rehome, maybe give them a care sheet with your babies or quiz them? Offer them on here first so you know they will more than likely be going to a very good home :) If you think someone interested seems a dimwit and probably isn't going to take care of them then you could tell them no

Give a care sheet with each one you sell. Just print one off, and hand them out, mandatory. It'll help with the uninformed buyers issue.

These are both great ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back