My first axie is coming!

ChasingSanity

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Liz
After years of pining and wanting an axie, I finally moved to a state of Aust where they aren't illegal! So I got a tank and sand and it's cycled and I went for a look at our local pet shop today and there he was! A beautiful gold Axie just begging to come home to me. So he's coming home on Wednesday! His name is Captain Slow (Top Gear FTW) :proud:

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy each others company.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Awesome, I've been wanting a golden for some time. Hmmm maybe when I get my new tank *puts on scheming face* :D

congratulations!!!! fantastic name!!! I went to watch top gear being recorded and met captain slow!

So, sweet talked my mother into buying him today for me, and I'm pretty sure he's a Gold Albino. He's got pink frills and no iris ring. If he is he's my total dream axie! Will get pics once he's settled a bit more.

So, sweet talked my mother into buying him today for me, and I'm pretty sure he's a Gold Albino. He's got pink frills and no iris ring. If he is he's my total dream axie! Will get pics once he's settled a bit more.
Sounds like a gold albino to me... cute... can't wait for pics

Ok, he came out for a look around his tank (which is still very bare)
CaptainSlow001.jpg

CaptainSlow002.jpg

Bad bad iphone pics!

Cute - what a beautiful colour, and a brilliant, brilliant name for an axolotl!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back